Marga F. Massey, MD, CLT, FACS is board certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with a commitment to women who are beginning their journey in the world of breast cancer.Learn More
Goals of Breast Reconstruction
Each woman has unique personal goals when choosing breast reconstruction.
Given her experience with hundreds of women, Dr. Marga has learned that these goals are akin to the ascent of a flight of stairs...
- Step 1:Looking Normal in Clothing
- Step 2:Feeling Comfortable in Clothing
- Step 3:Looking Symmetric in a Bra
- Step 4:Looking Normal While Moving Your Arms in a Bra or Swimsuit
- Step 5:Looking and Feeling Comfortable in the Nude
- Step 6:Having Movement of the Breast Reconstruction Like a Natural Breast
- Step 7:Feeling Like a Natural Breast (soft, compressible)
- Step 8:Aging Like a Natural Breast
- Step 9:Having Protective Sensation(Pressure / Temperature)
- Step 10:Having Erotic Sensation
Each breast reconstructive technique has unique benefits and limitations that affect our ability to meet your personal expectations of your reconstruction. Dr. Marga would be pleased to help you select a breast reconstructive method that will help you achieve what you desire--while providing you with the highest level of patient safety.